Thursday, January 19, 2012

How much is my diamond worth?

I know I can go get appraisal but it would be nice to just get a guess from you guys. I have a loose diamond never worn in anything, round cut 1.27 CT, color E, and clarity SI2. what do you guys think?How much is my diamond worth?
I plugged the information (round, 1.27-carat, E color, SI2 clarity) into a diamond search engine, Diamond Price Guru. You didn't suggest a cut grade, so I left that blank. It found 11 diamonds' retail prices, ranging from $5,429 to $6,007. An appraisal (which is an estimate of the current retail price) would probably give you a similar answer, unless something is very wrong with the cut grade, like a thick girdle or odd depth percentage.



However, just in case you are considering selling it, I have to add a warning that most industry diamond buyers don't base their prices on an appraisal. They look up the diamond on the most current Rapapport report (a good appraiser might show you a copy) and generally won't offer more than 60% of the Rap value.



I hope this helps.How much is my diamond worth?
for dimond buyers it would be cheap but if you were to sell it you would get around 400-500$.

400-500$ is alot to meh

No comments:

Post a Comment