Thursday, January 12, 2012

When should I build a nest for my diamond doves?

I have 2 diamond doves about 4 months old. I'm sure they're still young to breed. (I'm actually not 100% percent sure they're male and female) but if they are, when should I put together a nest? Will it be a bad thing if I put one in at their young age?When should I build a nest for my diamond doves?
You do not build a nest for Diamond doves ! all you need is a small platform edged put a few bits of small twigs and grass ,or even a Canary nest pan. then they will do the rest .



If your are only 4 months then they are not old enough to breed ,they have to be at least 9 months,to sex them when they come into breeding condition the Male birds Eye ring (the flesh around the eye)begins to swell and darkens to a deepish red this size also indicates the sex , the female does not have such a big eye ring.



If you put into your browser Diamond Doves you will see what both C* ck and Hen look like.



YES

No comments:

Post a Comment