Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the latest version of the HTC Touch Diamond?

I have a HTC Touch Diamond European Version (The one with the front camera). I am using it here in the United States. When I try looking for a ROM update in the HTC US website I can find the update file, but it doesn't tell me what version the update file is, so I don't know if it's already the version I have.



My current ROM version is:

1.93.456.2 WWE



Do I have the latest ROM?What is the latest version of the HTC Touch Diamond?
Take a look at;

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php鈥?/a>

Hope that helps.



Edit: The latest ROM in English is 1.93.831.1 but I wouldn't worry about it. There isn't much differenct between it and what you have. It's totally up to you but, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.What is the latest version of the HTC Touch Diamond?
The other poster is correct, the most recent officially released rom for your phone is version 1.93.831.1



I wanted to add a bit of news though. I was reading earlier tonight, it was recently stated (unofficially) during an interview that HTC intends to release an update for a few phones in January 09. The phones expected to see an upgrade included the Diamond, Touch Pro, and Touch HD (perhaps it was 4 phones, I'm foggy on the details). This is substantiated by the recent "leak"/"release" of an African version of the rom designated as version '2.00.421.1 TEST'. You can see that version mentioned in the reference link below. I've been digging all over, but I can't seem to find where I read about the update. What I did read leads me to wonder more about the nature of the update rather than if one would come. The quote seemed to be specific about the phone having windows mobile 6.1, while there's been rumors of 6.5 coming out soon (however there's many statements that it's also being delayed).



All things being equal, keep your eyes open next month (or knowing how schedules usually go, the month after) and you'll almost certainly be seeing an update. There's really no good reason to update your phone now if a new update is coming so soon. No point in doing two hard resets (losing all of your data) and having to set it up again so close together.
  • pro comp
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment